Tuesday, May 12, 2009

College up to GRADUATION

So I did it!!! I graduated! I think that after you spend your whole life going to school then graduating High School you have so many things to look forward to doing with your life. Some people decide to go straight to work where every they have been working while in school. Some people decide to look for jobs, some get married, have babies and become stay at home moms :) Others go to college just to find out they either don't like it, aren't cut out for it, or just get homesick. While others go to college and graduate. I think that all of the above are all choices that we make for one reason or another. I think that whichever path you have taken makes you who you are and not everyone goes to college and gets a job they were hoping for anyways.
As excited as I was to go to college I was also nervous. I started off at UNC Greensboro, which I loved, for Deaf Education, which I also love. I loved the school and all the great people that I met while I was there, I met some really great friends. From a mishap that my mom ex-husband had two and a half years later I moved back home to take care of my brother. I decided to go to UNC Charlotte. The great thing about UNC Charlotte was that my three bestest friends went there and I was able to room with one of them. I loved being there because I knew people and was close to home. I also loved getting to spend time with my besties that I had not seen since High School. Our last year together we got an on campus apartment and had some of the best times. I miss those times. I think that since then we have moved and lived with our sweeties :) I kept going to school even living in Waxhaw (45 minutes away) and having to travel. I kept telling myself I had to do it because I had gone this far. I had some awesome encouragement from many of the great people in my life.
So finally my student teaching... I forgot that I was even in school some days even though I was teaching. I loved doing it and knew that this is the reason that I was going to be graduating. I think that this last semester was the greatest because it really made me push to the extra limit. And then I did it... I graduated. I felt like I had gone to school for my whole life and I have only been out for 2 days but i feel like I should have a job and be doing the job. I knew that this was not going to happen, but in all due time I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I miss those apartment days too! We had the best times! Woo Woo night especially! lol! Or just staying up late catching up on seasons of O.C. & Grey's Anatomy. We will always remember that year!

    I'm so proud of you & I know you are totally excited about things to come! i love you!

    ReplyDelete