Thursday, March 26, 2009

Music and Relaxation

This is such an important part of my life, music! I'm not sure if you ever get caught up into a song that reminds you all the things that have happened to you. I have songs that I can remember from childhood that really speak to me. My mom was a mother who would not allow us to watch television so most of the time we danced around the house and sang to all different types of songs. I find myself many days sitting in the house with the music on and singing out loud or dancing crazy! Music to me is a stress reliever and a relaxation technique for me. I listen to the beat, the words and many songs I take a meaning from. I listen to angry kick someone's ____ music or I will listen to really soothing songs, other times I just want to sing my heart out and sometimes get out a good cry. My favorite place to listen to music is in the car. I feel that when you are in the car you are in your own world. You control the music, your speed, and inadvertently your current and future mood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I met a man today who was talking about taking time everyday for yourself. Many people have forgotten how to take time for themselves throughout the day. We have to be teachers, mothers, friends, a wife, a homemaker, a daughter, a sister, a mentor, and that is just the beginning. We as females are expected to fill so many roles throughout our day. Many times we are expected to always be happy, respectful, polite, and caring. Sometimes we want to be mean, say really hurtful and ugly things but most times we are not willing to let people see that side of us. We never feel like we get enough alone time or even any time to just breath throughout the day. We did a meditation exercise. I felt a little taken back at first but then I saw that by sitting, closing your eyes and just breathing that things either sweep out of your mind or rush in. Some people are afraid of the silence while others appreciate quiet. I am one who loves noise (music.) I believe that even though sometimes our lives get really stressful and as humans we really are constantly being driven to do more and push ourselves. My things is that we have to take sometime either in the morning, in the middle of the day or right before bed to clear our thoughts and just relax. I know some think its impossible but I will tell you that I relax when I am in the car driving somewhere and it is so nice. Music is my relaxation. Find what brings you peace.... maybe it is spending time with you friends, a night out with your other half, spending time time with your children, or reading a book. Just remember to cherish every moment of everyday because that might just be the memory that helps us get through the day!

1 comment:

  1. I love listening to music and cleaning or when I'm relaxing. I agree, music can be a great stress reliever!

    ReplyDelete