Saturday, April 18, 2009

Great weather... lets plant

So Russ and I have had 2 wonderful sunny days together! We had decided that we wanted to make our yard look really pretty this year! On Friday Russ brought home the skid steerer. When it rained really bad one weekend the end of our driveway washed out and there was a dip. I had been requesting that he bring something home to fix the road, and he did!!!

I had decided that I wanted to make our flower beds look colorful so my grandmother and I picked out places for all of our bulds and seeds to go. I planted some zinnias, sweet peas, calla lily's (pink and yellow), gladiolus, and multicolored lily's. Russ also got two azalea bushes for free so we planted them. Today Russ' mom and I went to Laney's (a nursery) and got a rose bush (pink) and a azalea (hot pink). Russ got two azaleas (a small pink one and a small white one) for free!!!! So we have spent the day planting these flowers.

ROSE BUSH Azalea
We also went to Lowe's and picked up some petunias, because I love them so, and I planted them for my porch.




I hope that all of our flowers come up this year because I have worked really hard digging and watering and trying to find the right place for all the flowers. I just love spring, all the flowers, and all the great smells that go along with the season.

1 comment:

  1. I know they'll be gorgeous! :) You'll have to take a lot of pictures! I LOVE the flowers on your porch...I can't wait until we move into our new house so I can start planting flowers! :D

    ReplyDelete